Tuesday 27 November 2012

Buttons and Bobbins

Not sure if this will be my last blog post for a while as I am having trouble with blogger and photographs.  Here are some badly scanned buttons which you will have seen on Jane's blog today. A fantastic pattern which has given me hours of fun whilst making them.

However, I am loosing patience with computers and have decided to go into hibernation until all problems have been sorted.





Just wanted to say thank you to all who have bought shuttles etc from Jane's shop, there are still a few items left which have been made by 'im in the garage,  including these bobbin holders. There is a story about the wood that they are made from, we purchased the wood from a funeral director. Many, many years ago his late father had purchased the mahogany to make coffins out of. Now a days most coffins are mass produced so this wood was doing nothing, just stacked up in a garage.  It is lovely mature wood, rich in colour and the bobbin holders are a work of art as well as being  very practicable.  Here is the link to the wood when it arrived at our house.  

8 comments:

  1. I understand your frustration with computers! I am using mine a lot less these days, I can't be bothered fighting with things that don't work.My son offered me a Kindle when I visited him last week, and I thanked him for the thought, but explained that I would never use it - I just don't like screens and things that plug in. My disenchantment began when the external hard drive crashed about 18 months ago - I lost everything, all my pictures and patterns - and much of the pleasure I used to take in the new technology vanished at that point.

    I like that button design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the top one... it's blue, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your button flakes have an ethereal quality thanks to the scans. I, for one, will miss your posts until you come back but certainly understand computer frustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain, Sally! Blogger is driving me bonkers! I am looking at some of the other blogging sites and checking with friends who blog as to which one(s) they like, and why.

    I'll let you know if I learn anything helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, don't go, love to see the work you're doing! The buttons are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely brooches, don't disappear I blogger is a pain at times, and computers well I could have thrown mine out the window yesterday,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so awesome!! :)
    Oh, if you go into hibernation until all problems are sorted....you may be there forever. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get this figured out fast so we can keep seeing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment