Sunday 30 June 2013

Holiday Tatting

It is hard to believe that just a fortnight ago I was on a beautiful island off the coast of  Malaysia.   And whilst I was there I left my mark on the sands, okay it did get washed away, but for a short time it remained for all to see!



My holiday tatting was very limited not just because of time but also because of materials. At the last minute I threw in a bag just a spool of mixed thread and two shuttles.  Originally I was going to take a handkerchief edging to work on, but just could not cope with the fine thread, so abandoned that idea.  But  I managed to make Jane's wheelbarrow.



And a butterfly 


They were both photographed on the island, where there were so many beautiful flowers and everyday fresh petals were put into this container.



We also had a bulletin telling us what was happening in the resort and this is the one from a fortnight ago, or rather the top of it as I am not allowed to show you the whole piece!




The quote was also apt especially as it came from a person I so admire C.S. Lewis.
 And yes hornbills were everywhere.



Sadly though I never managed to meet up with Jon Yusoff whilst in Malaysia it was just not possible as we had a tight schedule which meant no diversions!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely wheel barrow and butterfly. Must have been haven just sitting on the beach, and a lot warmer than it is here.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was heaven Margaret and seems just a dream now.

      Delete
  2. Holidays always seem like a dream when you get back home! - I like your tropical wheelbarrow.
    CS Lewis is a favourite of mine as well - and Chesterton! Have you read his poem about the Donkey? - it always gives me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have read The Donkey and know what you mean Maureen.

      Delete
  3. I love hornbills! At the moment we have lots of grey hornbills flying about. Their beaks are not as big as the ones in your photo though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Jane I had never seen a hornbill in my life, so to find so many of these cheeky birds flying around and scavenging food was amazing

      Delete
  4. It looks like a wonderful place to visit! I really like your new page look... great way to show off where Pop-A-Bobbins come from and which woods are available. I can see that I'm deficient in my collection! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly was Diane. It is a good way to publicise the shuttles, although not that I need to!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing some of your visit - a place I will likely never get to experience in person. I would love to see a Hornbill! Love the C.S. Lewis quote as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hornbills were great to see Cindy and only part of the island wildlife. You never know you could experience such a place one day, life is never cut and dried.

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment