Monday 26 August 2013

Canopy Bookmarks

Over the last few weeks I have been making some Canopy Bookmarks from Martha Ess's book 'Playing with Picots' .  Every so often I go back to this book to try out a different pattern, especially the bookmarks which are very special.  I hope to show you some more designs in the next blog.   But here are some that I made using HWT (hand wound thread) just love the rich colours.

I really only started to make one to send as a present, but addiction cut in! Now I have to decide which one to give away. 



We came back from Stratford-upon-Avon yesterday after spending a very pleasant weekend there.  One of Jane's friends lives next door to Anne Hathaway's cottage (where Shakespeare used to live) and she gave us some cherry wood from her garden, it is well seasoned so has been cut up into blocks today by 'Im in the garage. The wood is a lovely colour and has a very nice grain to it.


William Shakespeare Puppet
We also sat and watched a puppet show in Anne Hathaway's garden, don't you think the likeness of the bard is very good?

Of course we also delivered some more shuttles which Jane will tell you about very soon.
Today is a Bank Holiday so it is a rest from work and the normal pace of life.


8 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty, it would be hard to choose. I would keep them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been busy tatting and winding thread! These are all lovely thread combos and a great bookmark pattern!

    And thanks to you and Jane and Margaret, I keep learning so much about England's history! William Shakespeare is certainly alive and well in Stratford-upon-Avon! Excellent puppet, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to visit you and Jane some day. I guess I'd have to update my passport, but it would be so much fun!

    Your bookmarks are lovely. I love HWT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your book marks they are unusual. I long time ago I got a pattern where I weave the picots as I connect to other side It was fun and pretty I wonder if it wasn't from this person that you got this one from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are very pretty bookmarks. Sounds like you had a good time at Jane's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful bookmarks, like a series of miniature fans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bookmarks, I have this book and you have reminded its time I visited it too.
    Great puppet of Shakespeare nice likeness.
    Cherry wood sounds lovely
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bookmarks are awesome!!! Such fabulous colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment