Thursday 3 March 2016

Organza bags

Ages ago I purchased some napkins made from flimsy looking but quite firm material, with the intention of making some bags out of them.   Of course the idea got lost in time, and there didn't really seem to be a need for such bags.  Looking back I rather think my intention was to put some of my necklaces in, tatted or otherwise,  which I still may do after you have had a peep at them.

Anyway I motivated myself enough to sew the sides up on a machine and so far have finished two, the fiddly bit is sorting out the draw string and oversewing by hand the openings.





The left hand bag has Jon Yusoff Quantiesque Snowflake sewn on it and the right one is a motif that Fox sent me some years ago - the colours go so well.  I hope she likes it and perhaps can tell us where the pattern comes from?



9 comments:

  1. Those bags are gorgeous! I love the colors of the tatting with the color of the bags. The could be a bridesmaid's bag to serve as a reticule, for the omnipresent phone, etc. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I think they would be great as sachet bags, depending on the size of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only hand sew, these bags look very good and a great size too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prześliczne woreczki! Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful !!! I love it when tatting can be put to practical use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had a problem getting my comment in! Looks like this one is making it through! I love these bags! You which have found a perfect use for the fabric and a wonderful home for the motifs! Excellent workmanship on the bags. These would make great gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment