Saturday 13 May 2017

Rectangle Doily

I don't seem to have a large piece of tatting that I can show in the Art Exhibition in July, so I decided to tat one especially and this is the start of it.   When I say large I have absolutely no idea how far I am taking this, in other words will go with the flow and when I get bored, or run out of suitable thread will stop.



My intention is to use browns, creams and combinations of these colours to keep it all neutral and able to be displayed anywhere.   Which actually poses another problem, as of course when it is finished, it will need to be displayed.  I always think that is a huge problem when showing off tatting at its best, so need to work on a few ideas. 

10 comments:

  1. That is going to be lovely. At almost any size, that will work well wherever you put it. I see the start of a table runner for a long rectangular table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for your encouragement Tim, always a bit daunting when you start something that is going on show, well at least I hope it gets to that stage!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, getting quite excited now as I move onto another colour

      Delete
  3. It's gorgeous already! Maybe "I'm in the garage" will have a table for you to put this on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shape and have yet to try one, very beautiful and inspiring. I sometimes lay fabric or felt or paper(colored poster board) of different colors to see what shows off the tatting the best. And bring it with me to display it with. Oh yes sometimes I use a mirror too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really grateful for the tips on displaying tatting, often think that it needs far more thought than other crafts. The shape of the doily has now moved on and what is more I am enjoying tatting it!

      Delete
  5. It looks great already and I am sure it will be fabulous when you finish!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Another Heavenly Comment